Links and Resources
Check if you are experiencing ongoing symptoms of acute anxiety by checking for these symptoms.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a term used for a group of conditions which include Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified (PDDNOS).
A coordinated initiative which aims to enhance and support the whole person and family affected by Autism by providing access to information.
All children, including children with special educational needs, have a right to an education which is appropriate to their needs. The aims of education for pupils with special educational needs are the same as apply to all children. Education should be about enabling all children, in line with their abilities, to live full and independent lives so that they can contribute to their communities, cooperate with other people and continue to learn throughout their lives. Education is about supporting children to develop in all aspects of their lives – spiritual, moral, cognitive, emotional, imaginative, aesthetic, social and physical.
This paper outlines the professional practice framework for all Chartered Psychologists working with children and young people up to the age of 19 years with the aim of:
- Raising awareness of Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) in children and young people, across appropriate British Psychological Society Divisions/specialties.
- Directing psychologists to recent guidance and key texts.
- Promoting shared minimum standards for those involved in the field.
- Informing other professionals and the general public of the roles, responsibilities and accountability of psychologists.
- Reflecting current practice, dilemmas and contemporary contexts.